The Duck Race Committee is proud to announce that the 2003 Kiwanis Duck Race for Tiny Hearts at CHEO presented by Farm Boy, is undergoing some exciting changes this year!!
1. The Ducks are leaving their traditional race site near Carleton University and migrating downtown to a new site flanked by the Rideau Centre to the east and the National Arts Centre to the west with a starting line just north of the MacKenzie King Bridge.
2. The race will be staged on Saturday, May 31 at 1:00 p.m. and will become the launch event for CHEO's 20th Anniversary Telethon airing on CJOH later that day. The media centre will be set up beneath the terrace of the NAC with access to Confederation Park providing a spectacular staging area for the event. With any luck, we will also benefit from warmer weather.
3. Our sales goal this year is 60,000 tickets. This improves the odds of winning and creates some urgency to purchasing a ticket because there are fewer to be had.
4. After 15 great years as a $5 item, the Duck Race ticket price will now move to $10. We are confident that Kiwanians and CHEO supporters alike will recognize the need to increase the price given the substantial increases in operating expenses over that 15 year period.
5. Due to the support of CHEO's generous corporate partners, more than $120,000 in prizing is available, and there will now be a Grand Prize worth more than $70,000!
Grand Prize - a 2003 Grand Caravan Sport from the Ottawa Chrysler Dealers Association, a $13,000 furniture shopping spree from Rooms International and Exclusively Leather, $10,000 in jewelry from Jubilee Fine Jewelers, a $5,000 shopping spree at Rideau Centre and an all-inclusive, one week vacation for two in the Dominican Republic from GO Travel Direct.
2nd Prize will be $25,000 in cash from the Ottawa Citizen.
3rd Prize will be $5,000 in cash and a set of Michelin tires from Frisby Tire plus a one week vacation for two in the Dominican Republic from GO Travel Direct.
4th Prize will be airfare for two anywhere Air Canada flies in North America including Hawaii, Bermuda and the Caribbean.
5th Prize will be groceries for a year from Farm Boy.
6th Prize will be a $5,000 leisure and entertainment package from Ottawa Tourism & Convention Authority.
There will also be a one week vacation for two in the Dominican Republic from GO Travel Direct awarded to the person who sells the Grand Prize winning ticket so it's a great ticket to buy and sell.
Tickets will be available early April from all Kiwanians, of course, and from prize donor retail locations plus all Farm Boy, PharmaPlus, Scotiabank, Staples/Business Depot, Mark's Work Wearhouse and Montana's Restaurants.
So get your tickets and mark your calendar to join us on Saturday, May 31 at 1:00 . There will be plenty for the family to see and do at the 2003 Kiwanis Duck Race for Tiny Hearts at CHEO!!