Give Back to Your Community
Reading to young children, mentoring teens in after- school clubs, raising funds for families in need: there’s no better way to make a dif- ference in the life of a child than by offering your time.
Choose to make a differ- ence today by becoming a member of Kiwanis Ottawa. Our volunteers are dedicated to helping children, youth, families, and those in need.
This page introduces you to our club and what you should know if you’re thinking about joining. You’ll learn about our community service work, the benefit of becoming a Kiwanian, and the steps involved in becoming a member.
Working Together for a Common Purpose
Founded in 1917, Kiwanis Ottawa is one of the most established and most active community service clubs in Canada. We’ve founded many esteemed programs for children and youth, such as the Boys and Girls Club of Ottawa and the Kiwanis Music Festival.
Our members come from many different backgrounds, from business owners and doctors, to educators and bureaucrats, and many more. We are a group of dedicated men and women guided by our strong moral values, working together with a common purpose: one child and one community at a time.
The Benefits of Membership
Membership offers you the opportunity to be part of our strong tradition of volunteer service, and to build lasting friendships while working to make a difference.
As a member you will:
- Make a difference in your community. By volunteering with Kiwanis, you can become involved in our programs and activities, all of which focus on helping children, youth, and individuals and families in need.
- Build friendships. At our luncheons and committee meetings, you’ll have the opportunity to share time with fellow club members, hear from community leaders, and share ideas for community growth.
We have three categories for memberships: individual, family and corporate. Each category gives you the opportunity to take part in our programs and activities.
- By becoming an individual member you join a dedicated group of volunteers working toward a common goal of building a better community.
- With a family membership, you can share the Kiwanis experience with family members at a reduced cost.
- As a corporate member, you get the opportunity to promote the work of your organization and receive special acknowledgements.
We welcome new members who can help us make a difference. To learn how you or your business can join the Kiwanis Club of Ottawa, download our membership brochure, have a look at the web site, and contact our membership committee.