Shuttle Service for Veterans

100Years-a2.png

One of the first projects undertaken by our Club in 1918 was the arrangement made by members to furnish automobiles for the conveyance of our war veterans from the Central Station to their homes on their arrival in the city.  

Five teams took charge of the work which took place the second week of each month.  The St. John’s Ambulance Brigade met all trains with returning service men and our Kiwanians provided transportation at all hours of the day and night to take these soldiers to their homes or to the hospital.