Fairmont Chateau Laurier, Drawing Room, 1 Rideau Street, Ottawa, ON 12:00 - 1:45 p.m.
Mark O’Neill, President and CEO, Canadian Museum of Civilization Corporation
“A Glimpse at the Canadian Museum of History”
Following the announcement of the new Canadian Museum of History on October 16, 2012, Mark and his officials have engaged with over 20,000 Canadians from across the country. Through face to face consultations, activities in shopping malls, a survey and a website, Canadians are helping to create the new Canadian history exhibition and are telling the Museum how to remain relevant to all of them, regardless where they live in our beautiful and vast country. On Friday, Mark will be talking about the changes at the Museum and sharing what he heard from Canadians.
Special presentation At this luncheon we will also be delighted to introduce and thank the generous sponsors and donors of our recent Accora Village Bed Race, held on the Rideau Canal on Saturday, February 2nd as part of Winterlude festivities.
Special guests included:
- Lone Star - Dianielle Walford - prizes for best fund raisers, have been with us for 10 years
- McDaniels Independant Grocer - Jerry McDaniels - provides the food for our racers and volunteers
- Bill Sioulas - Sheffield management who provide our warehouse space for bed building
- Dymon Storage - Brian Creech - storage for our beds over the summer
- Boom/Bear - - for their radio ads for our event
- CIBC - Jennifer Holmes - entered a team, and provided prizes for best decorated bed
- NCC - Nathalie Roy for their ongoing support of the event
- International Union of Elevator Constructors - Murray and Chris Kemp - multi year winners for both fastest bed and best fund raisers
- Halsall & Associates - Chantal Martin, Stefan Nespoli, James Huiskamp - 5 teams this year and the last three, and winners this year for best fund raisers
- Algonquin College - Mark Bowen - for building 6 new beds for us this year, and entering a team along with two other Algonquin teams.
President Alison along with our Bed Race Sponsors, Accora Village and Allstream, presented a cheque for $11,000.00 to the Queensway Carleton Hospital Foundation."
President's Rose - Lynda Campbell
Guest Speaker Mark O'Neill with President Alison