With the generous assistance of Shred-it, Costco, and others, the Kiwanis Club of Ottawa helped deliver Christmas food baskets to 154 families in Ottawa.
With names provided by the Ottawa Christmas Exchange, the Club coordinated the production of food baskets for 154 families. Each family received three baskets of food, which included a turkey and food for a week.
The Club was assisted by:
- Shred-it: In October, Shred-it donated services for the Shred-a-thon which helped raise almost $5,000 towards the program.
- Costco: In addition to providing assistance in the purchase and loading of the food, Costco and their employees donated directly to the program.
- Algoma Orchards: Provided the boxes used for the hampers, as well as a large bag of apples for each of the families.
- Dole: Provided generously for the hampers.
- The Renaud-Otten team at Remax: Provided the truck use to collect all the donations.
The boxes were assembled, filled and delivered by Kiwanis volunteers. In addition to the slide show below, more photos are available here.