As a Service Club, the Kiwanis Club of Ottawa provides in excess of 10,000 hours of community service annually to a wide range of projects locally, regionally and internationally.
The Club welcomes request for assistance, and provides guidelines for persons or organizations requesting assistance.
The Club has a number of committees that create and operate community service projects including:
- Air Cadets: Supporting the 211 Kiwanis Air Cadet Squadron since 1945
- Aktion Club: Supporting two Aktion Clubs for developmentally delayed adults
- Direct Assistance: Providing hands-on or financial assistance in unusual circumstances
- Governor General Foot Guard Cadets: Supporting the 2784 Army Cadets
- Kiwanis Circle K: Supporting Clubs at Carleton U and uOttawa
- Kiwanis Key Clubs: Supporting Clubs at Earl of March, Glebe, Lisgar, Nepean and Sir Robert Borden High Schools
- Kiwanis Music Festival: Supporting the Kiwanis Music Festival
- Kiwanis Medical Foundation: Providing funding for medical research in Ottawa
- Kiwanis Read-a-thon: Running a world wide read-a-thon to support literacy
- Never Shake a Baby educational video: Providing an educationa video on preventing shaken baby syndrome
- Precious Minds educational video: Providing an educational video on early literacy
- Reading is Fundamental: Providing one on one reading for early literacy in schools